March 2, 2009

Let it Snow!!

Hey there, crafters! Today was a lazy, but productive day. I'm at my beloved boyfriend's house for a visit and we got snowed in! My original plan for today was to go to a job fair in Burlington County, but it was snowed out. So that's where I'll be tomorrow! 

Let's see... First we dug out my car...


My car and my hero... Bobby (boyfriend) helping me dig out my car. Then we put more air in the tires and I vac'ed all the dirt and yuck out!

I love my little junk car. You can't see it, but on the other side of the bumper, there is duct tape covering a massive hole. I DIDN'T DO IT. Haha, it was like that when I got the car. I think it adds character.



I love snow :) I know this may be the last snow of the season, but it was a good one! I would say there were about 6 to 8 inches of snow on the ground. Notice my scarf? I started it forever ago and it was horrible, and then I unraveled it yesterday and started again, much better!!

Ignore the silly hat, it was the only one I could find. Haha!

Now for something completely different...

Here are a few things that are on my craft desk waiting for me to get home from my mini-vacation...


My little brother got me this candle for Christmas two years ago. I felt bad because I couldn't bring it to my dorm with me (Damn fire code rules) and my Mom told me he spent his last $9 on this gift (he was 15 and poor haha), so I always keep this right next to my sewing area and light it just before I start sewing. I love the scent! Who'd think Vanilla Lime would smell so good??

*****


I've been working on my photo-taking skills for my projects ever since the great feedback you all gave during my first giveaway. This little tea wallet will be up for sale on Etsy as soon as I get some acceptable photos. 

Here's my question - If you saw this photo and were in need of a tea wallet, would you buy this one based on the photo? If so - what's good about it? If not - what could I do differently?


Just another angle of the tea wallet. Cuter? Pointless? What do you think?

*****


And last but not least, I've made a few new tea cup pin cushions. The pink and blue one will be up for sale soon. Comments on the photo skills?? I needz your helpz!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Girlie!
    Thank for stoppin' by, hope you come back and hang out any ole' time. I'm so jealous of the snow. We haven't seen snow here in FOREVER!! Good luck in my giveaway! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I think you did a great job photographing them. You are very creative. I am opening an Etsy soon too, I can't wait to peruse yours.
    Suggestions: I would just try rearranging the cups to see which gives you the best overall "feel" it the front. It is probably the way you photographed it....=)

    ReplyDelete