August 25, 2008

RA Training: Day Five

Today was the longest day of training - 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Yikes! I took a tiny nap after dinner, but I was more tired after that than I was before. Today was filled with policy, confrontation skills, and Behind Closed Doors. BCD is where newly hired RAs are faced with the task of confronting returning RAs who are acting out different scenarios in the residence halls. My first year as a returner, I was in a messy roommate scenario. Last year, I was in a situation where we had just snuck someone into our room through the fire door (which isn't supposed to be used except for emergencies), and this year I was in a situation where there is an abusive relationship. I was paired with a newer RA who is only in his second year, Pat. He's a nice guy so at first I wasn't sure how he would do at being the aggressor, but he did great!! And he's about 6'4'' compared to my 5'1'' and that just made for fun times! The funny thing is that my real boyfriend was an RA with me up until this past May, so he and I probably would have had a blast doing this! Haha!

Anyways, Guess who finally found her glasses!!! After not having them for about a month, I finally pulled them out of a bag that was filled with cords and cables for my desktop. How they got there, I don't know. All there is to know is that now the roads are safer because I'm not driving blind anymore. And yes, that picture is of me right now. Excuse the yucky hair, it's hot.

A bit of claying the other night, as I had mentioned yesterday. I've been playing with scenting  my clay, and so far, so good. I only have strawberry scenting oil, so I'm a bit limited at the moment. Good thing I love strawberries! I made a few larger ones as well as a bunch of TEEENY TINY ones to decorate a cheesecake charm I am making for a friend. I really like how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment