January 20, 2009

Change has come!

I hate to get political...

Wait, who am I kidding? I am an historian - talking politics is the peanut butter to my jelly!

I spent today lounging on the couch with my Mom watching the Inauguration of our 44th President of the United States of America - Barack Obama.


I was so proud to see such a positive message finally coming from an elected leader. You have to admit - no matter which side of the political spectrum you find yourself, this past election was a breath of life into American politics! The forgotten voters have been heard. The young, the poor, the diverse. To know that I have lived to see all of this - the revival of American voting, the first African American President, female politicians holding high offices, and the message of hope in an otherwise depressing time - I am proud to say that I am an American.

Now back to your regularly scheduled craft blog.

I decided to try to crochet!!

After I inherited a bunch of crafting supplies from a lovely woman who had been a family friend my entire life (she was my Grandma's neighbor and passed away last year), I thought I would put the crochet hooks to good use when I found yarn on sale for really cheap. 

It's a really horrible scarf. Haha! The yarn broke a few times, I think I crocheted a little too tight, and I really should read a few more tutorials before attempting another piece. 

Buuuutt... That horrible, ratty scarf is WARM!! That $1.29 yarn was worth the investment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment