February 20, 2010

Long time, No blog...

Howdy, peoples. It's been quite a while, eh? I promise I'm still living (or doing something close to it) since the last time I posted. A lot has happened!

I got through my first holiday season as a serious crafter... Nothing too great to brag about, though. A few Etsy sales, participated in my first craft show, and made a bunch of handmade gifts for friends and family.

I've been working A. LOT. at my real life job(s). Not only am I substitute teaching (woo hoo... glorified attendance-taker and babysitter for high schoolers), but I also work part time at a lovely little tea shop with a group of lovely people. One of those lovely people, Mr. Ev, is also a graphic design WIZ and hooked me up with a brand new logo for Frosted Treats! Check it out up top! Check it out in action with my new packaging!



I love it, love it, love it!! I cannot thank Evan enough for his artistic expertise :) If you're in need of a new logo, check out NerdDesigns. OR if you're a music lover, you can head over to Together In Digital Dreams to find some new music. OR if you're on the look-out for some new threads, go to Evan's Etsy shop for screen printed tees! OR just stalk him on Twitter like I do and you'll cover all your bases. I'm telling you, this guy is a Jack of All Trades.


Enough fawning for now... On to the crafty goods! As you can see, my new packaging is not only custom-made, but it's super easy, too. All you need is an editing program (I use PaintShop Pro) and a template for one of these puffy boxes! I got mine from Mirkwood Designs.

I'll be working on an in-depth tutorial for later in the month, but there are the basic components to get you all started ;) I've also got a ton of new goodies I've crafted since we last met, but thanks to the lovely, endless snow in New Jersey, good days for taking photos are hard to come by. Expect the goods soon!

I promise I'll be a better blogger...
I promise I'll be a better blogger...
I promise I'll be a better blogger...


Until next time, Happy Crafting!

1 comment: