March 8, 2010

Heyyyy Sugar!

Happy Monday, kids. *insert sarcastic sigh*

Last week I got a happy little comment posted from BlabberGirl claiming I was the recipient of some sort of "Sugar Doll Award." Hehe! I love it :) A simple get-to-know-you chain... Write 10 facts about yourself and then go tag 10 more bloggers! Here we go!

1. I've always been a crafty chica... Making friendship bracelets, hand-sewing doll clothes, collecting stickers... There's always been a reason for me to beg my mother to take me to the craft store.

2. My family loves dogs. At one point we actually had 10 dogs (4 adult dogs plus a little of 6 puppies). We ended up keeping one of the puppies and now, ten years later, we're down to just the momma dog and the puppy - Sandy and Gizmo. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it - TOMORROW is Gizmo's 10th birthday! Woo! I'll have to get her a special treat :)

3. After a five year relationship, just before Christmas I suddenly became single. I'm alright now, but that is one of the reasons I was very quiet on my blog for a while.

4. My mother is my best friend. I tell her everything, we pick on each other, and we spend a lot of time together. I'm very thankful for the relationship we have.

5. I read A LOT of blogs. My Google Reader is PACKED. I'm awful, though - I don't leave comments as often as I should. I will be trying my best to change that.

6. Every year I give up something for Lent. I'm not Catholic - but I like the idea of giving something up to challenge myself and better my life a little bit. One year I gave up drinking soda and I haven't been able to drink it since. Last year I gave up pasta (can you freaking believe it!?) and then pigged out on mac and cheese for Easter dinner. This year I've given up fast food... And that has been TOUGH since I work in a shopping mall where the food court stares at me each day.

7. My favorite color is red/pink. My laptop is red, my cell phone is red, my room is painted pink... I like to surround myself with happy colors.

8. I've lived in New Jersey my entire life. Aside from the four years I spent in college (a college in New Jersey), I've lived in the same town since I was born. Both of my grandmothers graduated from the same high school I did.

9. I love rock and roll. Classic rock makes me happy. Queen, CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zep, Bruce Spingsteen, The Beatles, etc. I have lyrics from Led Zep's "Fool in the Rain" tattooed on my back. My next tattoo will include lyrics from The Beatles.

10. I'm a history nerd (well, you knew that much) and I read nerdy history books, and I get fired up talking about history to friends... And I really hope I find a job teaching history soon before I lose that fire.




So there! I hope I didn't bore you too much with my rambling. Now! Here are my ten tags...

1. Geek Details (Great blogger, Great twitterer... Just great!)
2. WhiMSy Love (I LOVE this blog. You will too.)
3. ThreePeats (Another great twitterer!)
4. A Food Coma (A real life friend, a real life great blog!)
5. Kind Over Matter (Follow this blog... You need to... Trust me.)
6. Daisy Janie (A great designer, a fun blog to follow!)
7. Java Cupcake (Java and Cupcakes... Awesome? YES!)
8. LollyChops (Another really great crafty blog to read)
9. Faerie*Dust*Dreams (Looking for some fun swaps? Michelle's got 'em!)
10. Everyday Beautiful (It's beautiful... everyday!)



So this works as my Thing a Day, right? We'll say it does. See ya tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. How fun this is! I loved getting to know you better! I'll have to do something similar and SOON!

    HUGS and thanks for the sweet comment...!

    Lolly

    ReplyDelete